POSITION: Pastor of Corporate Worship
REPORTS TO: Campus Pastor or Campus Executive Pastor
The Pastor of Corporate Worship for each Campus leads and gives overall direction to worship arts ministries, working with the campus staff to further the mission of Christ Community with an emphasis on doing so in and through artists at that campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, focus, development, design, and implementation of worship gatherings for the local campus. Ensure that corporate worship gatherings are planned and carried out with excellence worthy of God
- Identify, recruit, and develop a growing (qualitatively and quantitatively) team of individuals in the congregation who will engage the congregation in united expressions of worship.
- Lead/supervise staff (paid and unpaid) in worship arts ministries
- Assist all members of the pastoral staff (children, youth, adults) as they work toward mentoring and leading others in united expressions of worship
- Integrate the best of traditional, liturgical, and contemporary expressions of corporate worship
- Seek opportunities to have a faithful presence in the broader Kansas City arts community
- Integrally reflect the beauty of the worship space with creativity and versatility in a variety of styles of music, artistic expressions and media
As a member of the Christ Community Pastoral Team:
- Provide pastoral duties as needed. This includes, but is not limited to pre-marriage counseling, officiating weddings, general counseling, funeral planning and officiating, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer, and other pastoral needs as they arise.
- Support and promote the mission, constitution and bylaws of Christ Community
- Hold true to the theology and beliefs outlined in the EFCA Statement of Faith
- Participate in staff prayer and planning meetings
- Be accountable in the use of time and diligent in carrying out established administrative processes
- Be accountable to the financial parameters established in the annual budget process
- Seek, over time, licensing (credentialing) with the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Successfully complete the adult formation training program of the church (Church for Monday)
- Be actively involved in a community group for the purpose of personal spiritual growth and accountability
- A leader with broad experience and education in the arts; undergraduate degree with at least two years experience in planning and leading worship in a church setting (preferred)
- High degree of competency in music theory and arranging; experience working with a variety of art forms
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with other artists
- Proven developer of others/team builder
- Possess and model integrity of heart and skillful hands
- Embrace Christ Community’s doctrine, mission and philosophy of ministry
- Commitment to being a lead artist as well as a lead worshiper
- Commitment to following Christ, able to lead in ministry, and a heart for serving the local church
- Exceptional communicator
- Team player – humble, teachable spirit and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Willing to submit to authority
- Excellent musician – commitment to personal artistic expression and exploration
- Commitment to reside in and be an active member of the local campus
- Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Communications is part of the multisite team, which is a central resource that supports and promotes the mission of Christ Community Church through the support of each campus.