POSITION: Project Manager – Communications // Multisite Team
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
STATUS: Freelance to Full time – 35-40 hrs/week
LOCATION: Overland Park, KS
The Communications Project Manager establishes and maintains the standard of excellence in internal and external communication pieces for all Christ Community campuses (currently 5 total campuses). The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years prior experience or education with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, print production, graphic design, branding, copy editing and proofreading. The Communications Project Manager must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google File Stream. They must be organized and a skilled multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once. This position is responsible for ensuring the brand voice of Christ Community is consistent through all mediums and venues, supporting and promoting the mission of Christ Community Church.
- Assist the Director of Communications in managing the creation, production, and publication of church communication – printed and electronic (e.g., Monthly Updates, layout/design for events and ministries,
- Experience creating various web and social media graphics for ministries and events
- Communicate and require adherence to communications standards
- Work with outside vendors to get estimates and coordinate production of printed materials
- Maintain a record of invoices/samples of printed material
- Edit and proofread printed materials, website content, broadcast emails, and form content
- Manage workflow and track projects for the communications team
GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
- Participate in weekly communication team meetings
- Assist with general administrative tasks
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
- Good communicator, both written and verbally
- Flexible yet assertive
- Attentive to detail and follow-through, organized
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Have a passion and love for Christ and the local church
- Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Communications is part of the multisite team, which is a central resource that supports and promotes the mission of Christ Community Church through the support of each campus.